I know. I made a scripts hours ago. Yet here I am with a new thing.
This simple small script brings a big new feature to your games: Items that are fragments of other items.
You liked the heart pieces from Zelda? Well it looks kind of similar. The specs are:
- You can set any item, weapon or armor to be a fragment of other item, weapon or armor
- Items can be fragments of weapons or armors, and vice versa, you’re not limited to items result in items or anything like that.
- You can set the amount of fragment items needed for an union, and the amount of result items.
For example, 10 potions could result in 2 great potions.
- You can set the union to occur inmediatly, or to not happen till you call the union function via event script call.
- You can set the union to show a message telling you the union was performed or not, both when automaticly happening and when forcing to unite via script call.
- You can set the message to show to any text you want. You can add as many fields as you want of these kinds:
- Arbitrary strings (Just add a string between quotes)
- Names and icons of the fragment and result items:
- 0 for fragment item name (icon + name)
- 1 for amount of fragments used
- 2 for result item name (icon + name)
- 3 for amount of result items obtained
- 4 for just the fragment item icon
- 5 for just the result item icon
- 6 for the fragment item name (without icon)
- 7 for the result item name (without icon)
- You can set two different message configurations (one for when only a single unit of result is obtained, and other when there’re more than one)
- You can set the window position for the messages
- You can set the message background (window, black background or nothing)
- You can set a sound to automatically play when an union was performed.
And that’s pretty much it. Instructions pasted from the script cause it’s 4:00 am here and I’m sleepy:
# ITEM FRAGMENTS
# Author Molegato
# Version 1.1
# A number of items joins automatically into a different one
# You have to put this tag on the FRAGMENT item.
# <fragment_of: result_id,result_kind,fragments_amount,result_amount,auto_join,auto_tell>
# result_kind should be 0 for items, 1 for weapons and 2 for protectors
# if auto_join is 1, the fragments will unite in the result as soon as you
# get them. Else they wont unite until you call the unite function.
# if auto_tell is 1, a message will show up telling that the items united
# If you have fragment items with no auto_join, you can join them via event
# script call using this
# max number is the maximum amount of unions in the process.
# You can skip the tell parameter, wich defaults at false
WARNING: you need molegato’s functions script to make it work.
EDIT: updated to V1.1 version