Hi y’all. My brain has been bleeding till I managed to code this script:
What does it do? Simple put, adds a smal system to add more action to every battler, depending on their agility parameter.
How does it work in-game? Well, it depends on how do you configure it, but the standard way is something like this:
- A battler has one turn, by default
- Then, extra turns by traits are added, just as they would do normally.
- After that, the minimum number of extra turns you can set in the config is added.
- And finally, the big deal: If the battler’s agility is greater than the average of the living battlers at that moment, he will gain aditional actions, depending on how much his agility surpass that average.
You have a number of options to configure it, so it doesn’t have to work exactly like this.
Your options are:
- Recalculate order: If this is set as true, after every action is performed, the order for the incoming action of every battler is rearranged depending on their speed, so if the battler is fast enought, he’ll act just after this. If it’s set as false, then all the battlers will act once, then wait for their turn again, making only important the first action’s speed.
- Global extra turns: Number of extra turns for everyone. Sure, you could just add extra turn traits to everyone manually, but we’re all lazy.
- Turns per agi: Number of turns given for every agility point that surpasses the average. Of course it’s better to have a number between 0 and 1, as having decimal values will make you get a single turn for each x number of agi points.
- Ignore average: Screw balance, you’ll gain turns for every agi point, regardless of average. This will make everybody to have more and more and more actions as they get agility, making the endgame battles sort of infinite, if the agi stat in your game is not fixed or semi fixed.
And that’s about it. I made it for my project, but I thought, hell, let’s just post it, maybe someone finds it interesting~
Note: this script needs molegato functions script v1.2 or newer.